Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crockpot Enchiladas


Luke Walker needed a picture, but this is the leftovers on the following day, and it doesn't make the enchiladas look all that appetizing, if you ask me.

In the Food Processor, I blended: wilted tomatoes that weren't good for salads anymore, but still useful for sauces, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Then, I stirred this together with one can of Chicken Chili from TJ's I found in my cupboard, 1 c. sour cream, 1 can black beans, and 1 small can of sliced black olives.

In the Crockpot: First, I spread some of the chili mixture, then a layer of tortillas, then a layer of cheddar cheese. Continue with the alternating layers until you reach 3/4 of the way up the top of the Crockpot, and set the dial for 4 Hours High. When it seems hot and bubbly, and most of the liquid has absorbed, it's ready!!!

1 comment:

  1. What? No pictures? I want to see what is making my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete